Saturday, April 3, 2010

Sunflower Peep Brownies

It's not too late to run out and get a few boxes of those Peeps. We have all seen the Sunflower Peep cake. So cute and easy to make...see it at Taste of Home. My daughter wanted to make this for our neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt, but I felt cake was not easy to serve standing out in the yard. So we made Peep brownies instead. Just as cute and easy to eat.


I used a 9" round cake pan to bake the brownies, then laid the peeps on top so we could pre-cut them. I removed the peeps and spread the icing over the whole top. Then replaced the peeps and added the chocolate chips for the center. Without loosing the cute design of the cake this made a much easier finger food. Yes, I used boxed brownie mix...just as good. Happy Easter!


Linking at...







Show and Tell Green

Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden


DIY Day @ ASPTL




8 comments:

  1. This is adorable! My boys love peeps and they love brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was simply adorable!! I love how you used a brownie mix instead of cake and it really does look like a sunflower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! This is just the cutest thing ever!

    m ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen this before. Adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen this, either! So cute!

    ReplyDelete